Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Summary
- 3. How You Accept This Policy
- 4. Information We Collect and Why
- 5. How We Use Your Personal Information
- 6. When We Share Your Information
- 7. Protection Of Personal Information
- 8. Children
- 9. International Visitors
- 10. California Privacy Rights
- 11. Vermont Privacy Rights
- 12. Changes To The Policy
- Information we collect from you
- We collect device-related information, server log information, and other types of anonymous information when you visit Spruce.co and when you become a customer of Spruce.
- Additionally, we collect personal information and financial information when you register and use your Spruce account.
- Why we collect your information
- We serve as title insurance agent and real estate closing agent for our customers. In order to produce a title insurance policy and close a real estate transaction, we are required to collect certain information under US and state laws.
- We use your personal information to maintain your account, provide Spruce services, and enhance your customer experience.
- We also use aggregated personal information and non-personal information to improve Spruce and monitor and protect the security of our service.
- Who we share your personal information with
- Your choices as the consumer
- In order to operate Spruce, produce a title insurance policy, and close a real estate transaction, we require certain personal information.
- If you are not comfortable providing personal information to Spruce, then our service won’t be useful to you and you will not be allowed to open an account.
- Information from Third Parties
- Information provided to us from Third Parties about you will be treated in the same manner as information we collect from you.
3. How You Accept This Policy
4. Information We Collect and Why
In order to provide high quality service, produce and sell title insurance, and close real estate transactions, Spruce collects various types of information when you visit our website or open an account as a customer.
4a. Visitor Information
We collect various types of anonymous information when you visit our website such as device-related information (browser type, IP address, etc.) and server log information (date and time of day of your visit). We use this information to better understand our visitors and our business and to enhance the services we offer.
4c. Analytics Services
4d. Customer Information
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
- Operate and maintain your account in accordance with US law
- Provide the services you request, including the processing of your title order, acquiring title insurance, and/or performing a title search on your behalf
- Enhance your customer experience
- Provide updates and keep you informed of the status of your transaction
- Investigate and understand how our website and services are used
- Monitor and protect the security and integrity of Spruce
- Better market and advertise Spruce’s services.
7. Protection Of Personal Information
Spruce works diligently to protect your personal information. We employ safeguards to keep your information safe. We use our best efforts to use the strongest available browser encryption, store all of our data on servers in secure facilities, and implement systematic processes and procedures for securing and storing data. We limit access to your personal and financial information to only those employees with authorized access. Furthermore, if you choose to terminate your account or your account is terminated with us, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices outlined here. If you maintain a Spruce account that you access through our website, you are responsible for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and restricting access to your computer.
Our service is not directed towards anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. If we become aware at any point that a child under the age of 18 is using our service, we will terminate his or her account.
9. International Visitors
10. California Privacy Rights
Spruce does not share your email address with any third parties for third party marketing purposes. However, should the company choose to do so, residents of California have the right to request from us certain information with respect to the types of personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com. Your request should specify your full name and the email address you used when submitting personal information to us. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
11. Vermont Privacy Rights
Spruce does not share nonpublic personal financial information information we collect about Vermont residents to non-affiliated third parties except for our everyday business purposes or as otherwise permitted by law. If you wish to revoke any authorization to share your nonpublic personal financial information, which you have provided to us by entering into our Customer Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we will not be able to provide you with services through Spruce without the ability to share this financial information.
12. Changes To The Policy